Ingredients for the Cake
- Carrots (shredded) 280 g
- Brown sugar 60g
- Raisin (yellow) 45g
- Whole eggs 165g (3 nos)
- Castor sugar 135g
- Corn oil 150g
- Vanilla essence (optional) 1/4 tsp
- High protein flour 110g
- Low protein flour 110g
- Baking powder 4g
- Salt 3g
- Ground cinnamon 4g
- Walnut (lightly toasted and chopped) 70g
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream cheese (room temparature) 140g
- Unsalted butter (room temparature) 55g
- Icing sugar 80g
- Vanilla essence 1/4 tsp
- Ground cinnamon - optional
- Orange zest - optional
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line cake pan (8"x8"x2") with baking paper.
- Combine flours, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon. Sieve and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine shredded carrot, brown sugar and raisin. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and castor sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually add in corn oil and vanilla essence, mix well.
- Add in 1/2 of sifted flour(B) and 1/2 of carrot mixture. Fold lightly to combine.
- Add in walnuts, the balanced flour and carrot mixture. Fold to combine, do not over mixed.
- Pour mixture into the prepared cake pan and smoothen the surface.
- Bake at 180C for 40-50 mins or until a toothpick inserted come out clean.
- Cool on rack(in pan) for 10 mins. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack
- Prepare the cheese frosting.
In a bowl, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in sieved icing sugar and vanilla, beat until smooth and creamy. Use piping bag to frost onto cooled cake. Dust with cinnamon.